Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anonymous SEC AD on NIL: We're all money laundering right now

Welcome to the wild, wild west, no one could have predicted this 🙄...
The NCAA has lost control and politics now run college sports, no way it will become more corrupt...

Last edited:
I think we all knew this was not going to end well. Involving money flowing to players for "NIL" is a wide open category with way too many loopholes to close. It is what it is at this point and there is no going back IMO. College sports as we used to know it no longer exist. They might as well just put these kids on contract and put salary caps in place for the teams. The only way I see to level the playing field at this point. Put all the money out there in the open and only then will you be able to make sure the playing field is level. You already have free agents of sorts with the transfer portal anyway. I guess if you put a kid under contract you might actually be able to get more than a year out of them before they take their ball and move on to another team. The question I have is how much are the boosters taking care of the state lawmakers to get all of these laws changed. You know they are being taken care of. Money money money.

As for Missouri, its state law mirrors the rest but with a twist: High school athletes in the state can discuss NIL deals and earn NIL compensation after signing a letter of intent but before enrolling in the college. Here’s the kicker: To qualify for early NIL, athletes must have signed with an in-state school.

“Game changer!” Missouri coach Eli Drinkwitz tweeted after the law passed.

You have got to be kidding me.