Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Baugh has two officials set as he eyes July decision

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash

Baugh has two officials set as he eyes July decision​

SPORTSTALK / May 5, 2022

1651787825457.pngUSC offensive line coach Greg Adkins has made a strong push for OT Trovon Baugh (6-4 315) of Atlanta, and he has the Gamecocks down for an official visit on June 24th, the weekend after he takes an official visit to North Carolina. Baugh also visited the Gamecocks in March, and he was back for the spring game last month as well. On that visit, he got an extensive behind the scenes look at things with the coaches.

“It was just fun being around the coaching staff and just hanging out with some of the guys,” Baugh said. “I think one of the biggest things for me to be able to do is just sit down and find out from the staff how I fit their system, and how they can help me grow and become better in my technique and better as a player. It was good to hear that. It was good to be able to sit in on meetings before the spring game and understand their main objective coming into the spring game and understand if they completed that goal after the spring game. It was just fun to be around Coach Adkins, Coach (Shane) Beamer and Coach (Marcus) Satterfield.”

Baugh also enjoyed being around the Gamecock fans inside Williams-Brice Stadium.

“I’ve never seen anything like it,” Baugh said. “For a spring game, to see that many people inside the stadium, that was crazy. Just to hear the fans and be around all the other guys, but I think the most important thing was me seeing Coach Adkins back at work and getting after it with them. It’s the little things with him, because he thinks the little things are the most important things that going to help you develop and become better and better at your craft. For a spring game, it was good to see and be around.”

For recruiting accounting purposes, Baugh is listed as an offensive tackle, but he can play anywhere on the line. That’s a major plus for him in his recruiting by the Gamecocks and the others.

“The biggest thing they like about me is my versatility,” Baugh said. “My skill set, my length that I play with. For me being 6-4, my length is kind of crazy. Nobody can really put their hands on me if I strike first. They use the word dynamic with me because they feel I can play all five (positions) if needed. If somebody goes down, they feel I can step in.”

Along with USC, Baugh also visited Florida State, North Carolina, NC State and Georgia this spring. He had planned to visit Tennessee but had to cancel at the last minute. He also holds offers from Syracuse, Boston College, Oregon State, Memphis, Maryland, Louisville, Miami, Arkansas and Baylor. He’d like to make his decision in July.