Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dak at Running Back

Hoganman1

Fanatics Cash
I was looking at a depth chart and I see they list Joyner as a running back. I like that idea. Obviously, he is most effective when running as the 2021 Belk Bowl showed us. As is always the case his success will depend on our offense line. Anyway, I really like this young man and hope he has a great season. Your Thoughts?

Dak is a true GC. He could have had a lot more playing time at lesser schools. I wish him nothing but the best.

He's very dangerous in space because he makes the right cuts.

Deebo was, too, as a kick returner.

For the same reason, we still need to use him at QB.

Dak will go down as a great gamecock. He’s done everything that’s been asked of him and more. I really hope he has a great season, he deserves it. I love the idea of having Spencer and Dak lined up side by side, both can throw, both can run, motion him to the slot make a LB cover him; he’s a weapon all over the field.

All that being said, I keep waiting to hear that we sign a true feature back. I thought maybe that transfer from Notre Shame Diggs, but I don’t think it will happen.

Dak will go down as a great gamecock. He’s done everything that’s been asked of him and more. I really hope he has a great season, he deserves it. I love the idea of having Spencer and Dak lined up side by side, both can throw, both can run, motion him to the slot make a LB cover him; he’s a weapon all over the field.

All that being said, I keep waiting to hear that we sign a true feature back. I thought maybe that transfer from Notre Shame Diggs, but I don’t think it will happen.
Agree with all of this.

Dak as a RB could open up all kinds of options with his ability to throw. If Rattler can catch, it could be interesting.

I think Dak is going to be all over the field and doing so many different things every defense will be lost. And I think he is going to be a good enough running back to actually be considered there as an NFL draft pick. When he has the ball, he is so explosive, and we have seen him both run around and over defenders.
Several of his runs as a QB showed he is able to get plenty of yards when he has the ball, and he rarely fumbles the ball.
I just think he is going to be so valuable as a RB because he is so valuable any time he has the ball.

I like Dak on the field more but we need a true running back. Only so many gimmick plays can be run and at some point we're going to need a RB to take over a game. RB is a major concern going into the season and major factor in why we are only favored in 4 games.

A safety or DE sacking a QB is one thing. Getting trampled by a 300# DL is another. I really think Dak can adapt to the plays, but is he ready for the pounding a RB has to take. That is my only concern with him being a RB.
JuJu and Mario have years of taking that pounding. And they may both see a lot more playing time just because they do have the experience. You never know with transfers from lower grade colleges, but if Mario can adapt as well as Juice did, we really may not need Dak out there a whole bunch of plays. Mario was one of the best at that level.
Either way, until Sept. 2, I am not going to worry much about our RB position. We have 7 other RB on our roster now besides Dak. No telling how they may play. And most of that will depend on how much our OL has improved.
I know I watched one RB during the spring game that no one even considers, Nathan Harris-Waynick. He is a walk on and he really looked good out there. He is a RS Soph. so he has a lot of growing to do, but like I said, you never know until game time.

We lead off with UNC, Furman and then UGA.

So there's plenty of time to find out what works and what doesn't before the UGA game, which I believe we will win.

We also haven't had this much talent in a class in a while, so we may see some different line-ups this season as well.