Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dawn Staley to drive Southern 500 pace car

cocky0

The cake is a lie
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
Darlington Raceway announces University of South Carolina Women’s Basketball Head Coach and Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Famer, Dawn Staley, will lead the field to green as the Honorary Pace Car Driver for the Cook Out Southern 500 NASCAR Cup Series Playoff race on Sept. 4.

“Dawn Staley is a true basketball legend that has achieved monumental success as both a player and coach throughout her collegiate and professional career,” said Kerry Tharp, Darlington Raceway President. “We are proud to welcome Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Famer, four-time Olympic Gold Medalist, and two-time National Champion Coach Dawn Staley, back to Darlington Raceway for a Too Tough To Tame experience as the Honorary Pace Car Driver for the Cook Out Southern 500.”

I believe Dawn bought a Can-Am Spider a few years back and I think she has done the Richard Petty driving school thing at Charlotte as well.

I can't afford to go to the race this year, but I am sure she will have fun.

It's good to see her literally taking some victory laps after winning another Natty.

I actually seen Dawn and Champ this morning on my bike ride along the West Columbia riverfront trail/walkway.