Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Elite outfielder to enroll at USC

markymark550

GCF Top Poster
Fanatics Cash
Brandon Fields, rated as the #37 prospect in high school announced he will enroll at USC and forego the MLB Draft. Great news for the Gamecocks if he sticks with this decision.

https://southcarolina.rivals.com/news/elite-baseball-signee-brandon-fields-to-enroll-at-south-carolina

As I understand it though, he will still go through the draft since high schoolers are automatically eligible for the draft. Deciding to go to college will likely lower his draft position unless a team just wants the compensatory pick in the 2021 draft. Still a wait and see, and hopefully we see him next season.

This is tremendous news! And it doesn't have the attachment of him dealing with an injury right now, which would explain his decision - he would be ready to go right at the start of the season. Now we have to hope that a possible high round big-money signing bonus doesn't influence him to change his mind, and he follows through with coming to USC....

Holy thread revival, I know...

If that doesn't make you excited about his future at Carolina, I don't know what would.