Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gamecocks land “big” commitment in OT Isaiah Jatta

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash

Gamecocks land “big” commitment in OT Isaiah Jatta​

June 25, 2022

1656193543015.pngSnow College OT Isaiah Jatta (6-6-310) of San Diego committed to USC on Friday, adding a key piece to the Gamecocks’ 2023 class. Jatta chose Carolina from a list of FBS offers that included Kansas, Eastern Michigan, Fresno State, Kent State, and Utah State.

He received an offer from USC after attending camp recently, an appearance that was made possible through a relationship with offensive analyst Lonnie Teasley.

“I had been recruited by Coach Teasley back in high school when he was at North Carolina Central,” Jatta told SportsTalkSC on his way back to the West Coast. “He told me I’m on evaluation at USC and the camp could tremendously help my recruiting. And it did, I put on a show (Channel 51).”

That he did. Jatta was so impressive in his camp session that he was offered by Beamer and Adkins at the conclusion of an unofficial visit.

“While at the camp, Coach Adkins liked how much of a leader and inspirational person I was to the younger campers there,” Jatta said. “A lot of the younger athletes looked up to me, and I did help them as well while at the camp. That was something that was noted. As far as a fit, I’m a winner, a leader, and am hungry. So, it would mesh up very well with what they want to accomplish, an SEC championship and winning pedigree.”

Jatta gives the Gamecocks nine commitments for their 2023 class. He will play his second season at Snow this fall.