Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Georgia WR feels strongly for Gamecocks going into official

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash

Georgia WR feels strongly for Gamecocks going into official​

SPORTSTALK / June 23, 2022

1656193703821.pngWR CJ Adams (6-3 210) of Mableton, GA has been a primary target for USC receivers coach Justin Stepp since receiving an offer from the Gamecocks this spring. Stepp brought Adams in for the spring game and will have him back on campus for an official visit this weekend. And Stepp has already positioned himself well with Adams to complete this recruiting deal.

“I liked the spring game and was seeing how I would fit in,” Adams said. “To be honest, I just need to finalize some stuff. I want to go to South Carolina. I might commit there; I don’t know when though. I just want to see Kentucky, and after that I think that’s it. But South Carolina is number one. Coach Stepp and Coach (Shane) Beamer are saying they are excited to see me, so I’m really enthusiastic as far as going down there and seeing what the campus and stuff are like. Coach Stepp feels my physicality and my ability to be an athlete and play all over is very good.”

Adams took an official visit to Maryland Tuesday through Thursday, his first official visit of the month. The Terps showed him one aspect of campus life that really caught his attention.

“Maryland, once I found out the freshman year you don’t have to stay in the dorm, you can get your own apartment, and I’m very big on space, my privacy is my sanctuary, that really stuck out to me,” Adams said. “They lose a lot of wide receivers this year, so my freshman year I can come in and start.”

Adams plans to take his official visit to Kentucky during the season. He also has UAB in his top four. He plans a decision a few games into his season.

Last season Adams caught 54 passes for 936 yards and 11 touchdowns.