Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayden Brown commits to Gamecocks

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash

Hayden Brown commits to Gamecocks

SPORTS TALK / April 23, 2022

1650761248019.pngNew USC basketball coach Lamont Paris Saturday landed his second transfer from the portal in 6-5 Hayden Brown, a former Citadel standout who is moving on as a grad transfer. Brown prepped at Byrnes. He took official visits to USC, Georgia Tech and Loyola of Chicago.

Brown said following his official visit to USC earlier this month that he saw pretty much everything he was looking for in a new basketball home.

“Comparatively looking at what I’m coming from, it’s definitely a nice area and facility,” Brown said. “They have plentiful amount of resources that I would have access to, so it was good.”

Brown and Paris crossed paths many times during their years in the Southern Conference. In fact, Brown had one of the best games of his career against Paris when he was at UT-Chattanooga. Brown said earlier in the month having played against Paris’s teams so much has given him a good feel what it will be like to play for him.”

“I think it’s a good fit,” Brown said. “You look as far back as his Wisconsin team he was a part of when they went to the Final Four, you look at a player like Nigel Hayes who was undersized for his position but was versatile and able to stretch the floor and get and exploit mismatches. And I a hundred percent see myself doing that. That’s exactly how he would use me. I’m very familiar with his play style.”

Brown’s last game with The Citadel came against Paris and UTC in the Southern Conference Tournament in March. For his career against UTC, Brown averaged 10.3 points and 6.4 rebounds per game. Two seasons ago he had one game against the Mocs of 37 points and 13 rebounds.

Brown played in 111 games at The Citadel and finished with career averages of 12.6 points and 6.7 rebounds per game. This season he averaged 18.8 points and 9.5 rebounds per game. For his career he shot 50% from the floor, 29% from three and 67% from the line.

Brown joins 6-5 Troy Boynton as transfers in the 2022 USC class which now numbers four.

The program is in need of warm bodies at this time, so this is good news.......
This may turn out to be a VERY good grab for Coach Paris. It remains to be seen, but Hayden Brown is the real deal and one of the most multi-faceted players I've seen in a while. Now how that translates to the SEC is an unknown right now but I, personally, like this transfer.

This may turn out to be a VERY good grab for Coach Paris. It remains to be seen, but Hayden Brown is the real deal and one of the most multi-faceted players I've seen in a while. Now how that translates to the SEC is an unknown right now but I, personally, like this transfer.
He also played against the Mocs in the SoCon, so he is a known entity to Paris as well.

If Lamont turns out to be a head coach who can truly improve players enough to be competitive in the SEC, then it doesn't matter who we recruit because we know they will eventually play well.