Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

House of the Dragon

markymark550

GCF Top Poster
Fanatics Cash
Yeah too bad they canceled the show that was supposed to be centered around the Long Night. I think I read somewhere that this one is supposed to be about the civil war between two branches of the house Targaryen. If so, then there will be plenty of dragon flying and fighting going on.

It's based on source material from George R.R. Martin's: Fire & Blood: 300 Years Before A Game of Thrones (A Targaryen History) (A Song of Ice and Fire).

Mixed feelings about this one.  I really thought the show started to spiral after running out of source material...so, there may be hope for this.  On the other hand, it ticks me off that Martin can't finish his Song of Ice and Fire series, but he can knock out a prequel that HBO pays him for the rights.  HBO having finished with Game of Thrones, wasn't going to pay him for any remaining Song of Ice and Fire books.  So he switches to prequel material.  I believe his last Song of Ice book was released in 2011.