Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

House of the Dragon

cocky0

The cake is a lie
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
Anyone watching this? I wasn't sure it would be good, but the first episode was impressive. I think this show has a lot of promise. If you liked GoT, it's worth watching.

I watched the first episode. I thought it was pretty good. I agree that the show has a lot of potential. It will take me a long time to get all the names though.

I watched the first episode. I thought it was pretty good. I agree that the show has a lot of potential. It will take me a long time to get all the names though.

Yeah for real. Some of the names are so damn similar, it's easy to get confused.

Yeah for real. Some of the names are so damn similar, it's easy to get confused.
When I started watching the original GOT, after about 1/2 of the first season, I got so confused with what was going on and all of the different characters, I stopped watching, read all the books, and only then started rewatching it.

Yeah, I watched the first episode also...good reminder of how bloody that entire world/setting is. Still trying to figure out if I want to watch it episodically, streamed over 2+ months, or wait until the season has finished and just binge it over 2-3 days.

For my money Martin's first book in GOT, A Game of Ice and Fire, is the best SF/Fantasy novel of all time. The whole arc was so good, he is simply not capable of completing it.

For my money Martin's first book in GOT, A Game of Ice and Fire, is the best SF/Fantasy novel of all time.

I think you have that backwards. The collection is called A Song of Ice and Fire with the first novel being named A Game of Thrones. The other novels are A Clash of Kings, A Storm of Swords, A Feast for Crows, and A Dance with Dragons. The Winds of Winter and A Dream of Spring are the two that have not been written.

I think you have that backwards. The collection is called A Song of Ice and Fire with the first novel being named A Game of Thrones. The other novels are A Clash of Kings, A Storm of Swords, A Feast for Crows, and A Dance with Dragons. The Winds of Winter and A Dream of Spring are the two that have not been written.
Yeah, the embarrassing thing, is I know that. Looking back at what I typed, I started to type "A Game" and then completely brain farted.. Thanks for the catch and correction.

Wife and I finally binged the rest of the season. We had stopped at the last episode where Rhaenyra was still a teenager (maybe ep 5 or 6). That time jump confused the hell out of me since we didn't go back and rewatch any previous episodes. Got to admit, episodes 7 and 8 kind of plodded along for me and I was starting to lose interest. 9 and 10 picked it back up though and got me ready for the Dance of the Dragons.

I still doubt if this show is worth watching. I have a feeling that people watch it because it's valuable as an addition to Game of Thrones. I don't want to ruin my Game of Thrones experience, so I'm beware of the House of the Dragons. Am I worried for nothing, or should I continue to ignore this show?