Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Basketball Interesting Portal Options

doublea1971

GCF Top Poster
Fanatics Cash
I noted that today, Rahsool Diggins (PG - UConn) has entered the portal. In my mind, that's a pretty sexy pick for new HC Lamont Paris to chase after. He's not going to be as high profile of a candidate, simply because he didn't get a huge amount of playing time as a Freshman. That being said... he's got a pretty good skill set AND he's known as a recruiter... he closed on a few other recruits for the Huskies when he signed as a HS Senior.

Another one, which may seem odd is Trae Hannibal, who has opted to leave the Murray State Racers after one year. Would be nice to see him return to the Gamecocks... he was always a fan favorite, but didn't seem to be able to see eye to eye with Frank Martin. His tough demeanor (and physical play) make him a great asset... and he's from SC (Hartsville).

There are a number of other great options out there now, but those two stood out to me today.

Both would help come in and fill in some missing pieces that have gone portal.