Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Locked On Gamecocks: Shane Beamer ZEROING IN On Dowell Loggains As South Carolina's New OC! | Michael Mayer Opting Out!

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash

Shane Beamer ZEROING IN On Dowell Loggains As South Carolina's New OC! | Michael Mayer Opting Out!​

Locked On Gamecocks
On today's show, Andrew goes through the background and potential thought process behind Shane Beamer's seemingly impending hire of Arkansas' TE coach in Dowell Loggains to be South Carolina's new offensive coordinator, and discusses the impact of Notre Dame TE Michael Mayer opting out of the Gator Bowl for the Gamecocks defense. Starting off with Dowell Loggains, Andrew quickly goes through the tweets by SBNation's Jacob Davis and 247sports' Brad Crawford that set twitter on fire Wednesday night, then gives some background information on Loggains, using excerpts from an old CBS Sports article to piece together the kind of coach he might be. He then dives into Dowell's impressive recruiting ability he's showcased so far as a college coach before trying to talk down some of the concerns the fans might have about Loggains based on his NFL track record and the other reported candidates in this search, and what he might do in terms of an offensive scheme. He hits home this entire part of the conversation by explaining why Shane Beamer has earned the right to make this kind of hire after what he's accomplished in his first two seasons as South Carolina's head coach. With Michael Mayer, Andrew talks about the impact he had on Notre Dame's offense throughout both his career and this individual season and explains how Clayton White and South Carolina's defense will respond to not having to worry about strategizing around Mayer's presence on the field! Shane Beamer ZEROING IN On Dowell Logg

I can’t say that I’m a fan of this hire if true.

He does check many of the boxes Beamer is looking for. Recruiting, culture, has called plays (maybe not very well). But I won’t melt down over it, I’ll give it a chance.