Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Massive 5-alarm fire guts new apartment complex in Charlotte

kingofnerf

GCF Super Moderator
Fanatics Cash

O5QWKFF2JREZRP6BBWF2F4IFIY.jpeg

th

th

The last I heard yesterday is that there were two construction workers missing. Any update on them?

Johnson said firefighters who tried to rescue the two men, who were on the sixth floor, had to call a “Mayday” because they became trapped on the same floor due to limited visibility.

“Everyone did the best they could,” Johnson said. “I think they did beyond the best they could.”

Holmes called his boss and friend Keith Suggs for the last time at 9 a.m. Thursday from the construction site where Holmes had been installing windows and doors in two new apartment buildings for the past month.

“He told me he was on the sixth floor, the building was on fire, and he couldn’t get out,” Suggs told The Charlotte Observer in a phone call.

The cause of the fire is under investigation. Johnson said the fire was accidental and started in a spray-foam insulation trailer at the construction site. So far investigators have not been able to determine what caused the initial spark.