Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MBB set to compete this Thursday in the Shriners Children’s Charleston Classic tournament

kingofnerf

GCF Super Moderator
Fanatics Cash

The Shriners Children’s Charleston Classic is an elite three-day invitational college basketball season-opening tournament held in Charleston, South Carolina. Picturesque Charleston, South Carolina, was named the No. 1 small city in the U.S. by Travel + Leisure nine years in a row (2013-2021).

Teams set to play in the 2022 Shriners Children’s Charleston Classic include College of Charleston, Colorado State, Davidson, Furman, Old Dominion, Penn State, South Carolina and Virginia Tech.

Here's the bracket:

DateTime (ET)Matchup/EventNetwork
Thu, Nov. 1711:30 a.m.Furman vs. Penn StateESPNU
2 p.m.Old Dominion vs. Virginia TechESPN2
5 p.m.Colorado State vs. South CarolinaESPNU
7 p.m.Davidson vs. CharlestonESPNU
Fri, Nov. 1812 p.m.Semifinal #1ESPN2 or ESPNU
2 p.m. or 2:30 p.m.Consolation Game #1ESPN2 or ESPNU
5 p.m.Semifinal #2ESPN2
7:30 p.m.Consolation Game #2ESPNEWS
Sun, Nov. 2010:30amSeventh Place GameESPNEWS
12:30 p.m. or 6 p.m.Fifth Place GameESPNU or ESPNEWS
12:30 p.m. or 6 p.m.Third Place GameESPNU or ESPNEWS
3:30 p.m.Championship GameESPN2

2022_ESPN_Events_Bracket_Graphics_CharlestonClassic_1_.jpg

What I have seen so far the Gamecocks are fun to watch. I was hoping for slimmer result in FB. Be honest have not really enjoyed our FB team at all this season. Season been much less than a dude. Really disappointed in Beamers decision making or lack off.

What I have seen so far the Gamecocks are fun to watch. I was hoping for slimmer result in FB. Be honest have not really enjoyed our FB team at all this season. Season been much less than a dude. Really disappointed in Beamers decision making or lack off.
There are some good teams in this tournament.

A pre-conference tournament championship win would be a great shot in the arm to the fanbase.

Last edited:
I'm, personally, excited to see how we perform against Colorado State. Niko Medved is no slouch as a coach... he gets recruits and gets results, always by year 3 at any program he's been a part of. Year one at Drake (his only year there), he was 17-17 - A HUGE jump that exceeded all expectations of a team that had managed 7 wins each of the previous 2 seasons.

Dude can coach, and he's got ballers playing for him as well. Heavily upperclassmen led, and currently have 3-0 record with 4 guys in double figures scoring.

If the good guys can hang with Colorado State, it will show a lot about how we will continue to play in OOC as well as against some tough SEC competition. Watch this game closely, as it will also tell us whether we will be able to be a disciplined defensive team or not, due to Col. St.'s offensive skillset.

Should be fun, regardless of the final score!

C of C looks like they could be a dangerous team this year. Would be fun to play them in the final of this tournament.

Penn St. beat Furman 73-68 in the first quarterfinal game today.

12Total
Furman293968
Penn State462773

Not really a bad showing from the Paladins.

Last edited: