Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pac-12 scraps divisions after NCAA Division I Council votes to eliminate requirements for FBS conference title games

USCGMCK

Fanatics Cash

The SEC, meanwhile, doesn't plan to make any quick changes to its divisional setup, according to commissioner Greg Sankey, as the conference prepares to grow to 16 teams with the additions of Texas and Oklahoma.

Sankey told Yahoo Sports that the SEC has had "a yearlong conversation when we go to 16 what will our divisions look like or what our schedule will look like. Those possibilities include no divisions. It is on our list. We are not going to do it in a knee-jerk way in reaction to today's decision."

I think you would be looking at a situation where the same two teams would play each other all the time and no one would care after a while, just like they are starting not to care about the CFPs.

You're also taking away a potential divisional championship notch on a coach's resume by taking away a divisional championship, so why coach at a school in the PAC-12?

A program that is having a down year might lose additional ticket revenue if the travel distance for the opponents' fan bases are too long to justify going to a game.

It makes you think NCAAF is going down the NASCAR road where the fans that buy tickets don't matter like they used to. Throw a little more TV money the programs' way and the fans that actually go to the games won't matter that much.

I would be okay with the SEC adding a third division with a wildcard spot to decide the conference champion.

With a larger number of games, you also might see a larger trend of great players opting out of bowl games so they can prepare for the NFL combine.

The moon is cheese. I don't know.

SEC should do the same. Going to 16 teams, it could be 8 years before playing some teams in the league.