Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SAF Jarvis Boatwright set to take first official visit with Gamecocks

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash

SAF Jarvis Boatwright set to take first official visit with Gamecocks​

SPORTSTALK / May 26, 2023

1685130035321.pngSouth Carolina was one of the first major offers for SAF Jarvis Boatwright (6-1 175) of Clearwater, FL and the early interest paid to him by secondary coach Torrian Gray and head coach Shane Beamer paid off. Boatwright included the Gamecocks in his top five and he will commence his official visits with a stop in Columbia on June 9th. .

“Coach Gray just over the secondary played a big role, I like that,” Boatwright said in explaining his strong interest in the Gamecocks. “Coach Beamer and Coach Gray texting me. How well I connected with everybody on campus when I came to visit the first time spoke volumes. Coach Gray said he’s going to use me as a versatile defensive back.”

Boatwright added that he likes the way Gray handles his players in the secondary.

“He’s not scared to take a chance on you,” Boatwright said. “He wants me to put on size so I can come in and play as a true freshman. My strength as a defensive back is being in the right spot at the right time. I play the run well, and more man coverage.”

Boatwright also has official visits set with Southern Cal June 16th, Tennessee June 23rd and Florida State June 30th. He plans to make a commitment on August 11th.

“The next four to five weeks will play a big role,” he said. “Not favoring one. They all are up there, so I’m just trying to figure out which one is the best.”

Some of his other offers are Tennessee, Florida, Central Florida, Nebraska, Georgia Tech, Indiana, Miami, LSU, Missouri, Michigan State and Ole Miss.

Boatwright only played four games last season before a torn ACL put him on the sideline. He had 30 tackles and an interception before the injury. He is still working his way back but expects to be ready to go this August