Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SAF Zahbari Sandy gives Gamecocks first ’23 commitmen

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash

SAF Zahbari Sandy gives Gamecocks first ’23 commitment​

SPORTSTALK / May 8, 2022

1652100668929.pngUSC football coach Shane Beamer is on the board with his first public commitment for the 2023 class. 3 star SAF Zahbari Sandy (6-1 204) of Washington, DC Sunday evening announced his pledge to the Gamecocks over West Virginia, Tennessee, Maryland and Ole Miss.

Sandy visited USC for the Clemson game last season and returned for a spring practice in April. Sandy said late last month that over time he and the coaching staff, in particular Beamer and secondary coach Torrian Gray, grew very close.

“I’ve built great relationships with them over the past couple of months with them recruiting me,” Sandy said. “They like how versatile I am, how I can play corner, safety or nickel. They really see me fitting in well with their play style. When I watched them practice, I saw the different coverages they run, and it just fits well.”

Sandy also is excited to join the Gamecocks because of what he believes is a promising future under Beamer.

“As he came in, his vision was to build a program and build great men, not just football players,” Sandy said recently. “Try to get the team where it needs to be to win national championships. I like where he’s going, and I like the people he’s bringing in to help him along the way.”

Sandy is also excited about being tutored by Gray and believes he can get him to the next level.

“He puts guys in the NFL and that’s my main goal. He has the power to do that if I was able to go to South Carolina. Other than that, I just like him as a person. As a coach, seeing him in practice and his coaching style, I like that.”

Last season Sandy was in on over 50 tackles and had three interceptions. He’s the second 2023 prospect from his program to commit to a Palmetto State school. Last month DE David Ojiegbe committed to Clemson.