Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sellers comments on recent interest from Gamecocks

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash

Sellers comments on recent interest from Gamecocks​

SPORTSTALK / May 17, 2022

1652877299766.pngIt’s no secret USC head coach Shane Beamer and quarterbacks coach Marcus Satterfield covet Dylan Lonergan of Snellville, GA as the quarterback in their 2023 recruiting class. Lonergan will take an official visit next month. The Gamecocks are competing with Alabama, Stanford and Ohio State for the talented two-sport star, and nothing is a given. So, the recruiting of other quarterbacks in the class must continue.

One prospect Satterfield has been watching is LaNorris Sellers (6-3 217) of South Florence. He was on hand to watch his practice last Friday morning. Sellers was once committed to Virginia but dropped that after the coaching change. He currently is committed to Syracuse but is open to hearing from the Gamecocks.

“They are very interested and stuff. They just keep in touch with me right now,” Sellers said. “Basically, they are saying be patient and keep doing what I’m doing. I’m honestly focusing on Syracuse really, and if anything does come along, we’ll cross that bridge when it gets here.”

Sellers saw his season cut short in 2021 due to a shoulder injury. As a sophomore he passed for 1077 yards and 12 touchdowns and rushed for 618 yards and 13 touchdowns. Sellers said Satterfield expressed to him that his skills would work well in his offense.

“He likes how I play, how I can throw it and run it and extend plays when I need to. That’s really it,” Sellers said.

Sellers said he’s also having contact from Appalachian State, Georgia State, Coastal Carolina, Liberty, Virginia Tech, Ohio State and Notre Dame. Buckey and Irish recruiters were in to see him last week. But the Syracuse commitment is still in place.

“I’m feeling pretty good,” Sellers said. “Coach (Robert) Anae was out there today (Monday). I feel pretty good right now. I have a good relationship with the coaches and all that, so I’m feeling pretty good.”

Sellers has set a June 24th official visit to Syracuse and that’s the only visit he has on the books for June at this point.