Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smoked Watermelon

Spur's Addiction

Who is Sergio?
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
Anyone ever tried this?

We attempted it on the 4th. and the results were a bit of a let-down. Some restaurant in NYC is selling this for like $70 per slice. It was brined for like 4 days, then on the smoker for a good 6 hours. Comes out looking like a ham. But the taste was just not there. Has anyone had any success doing one? I am wondering if we did something wrong?

IMG-0380.jpg

IMG-0382.jpg

IMG-0386.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven’t tried it but I did bring it up during a party on the 4th. People were generally inquisitive as to what it was like and why lol.

You never know what food combos will work but this one didn't appeal to me on any level.  We grilled some cherry coke/chili chicken a couple of weeks ago that turned out pretty good.  Much better than it sounded so like I said...you never know.

I have enjoyed grilled watermelon slices.  The watermelon ham doesn't appeal to me much though