Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

South Carolina teams in the men's NCAAT this year

kingofnerf

GCF Super Moderator
Fanatics Cash
Furman and the College of Charleston are going dancin'. So is UNC-Asheville. The Taters and UNC, however, didn't make the cut this year. LOL

So we kept the Taters out this year. Sa-lute!!

Thursday, March 16 (Round of 64. All times Eastern)

Friday, March 17 (Round of 64. All times Eastern)

Really good comeback from Furman in the final 25 seconds. Furman hadn't won a Tourney game since 1974 -- the days of Clyde Mayes.

Furman looked like a darn good bball team from what I saw. Think their leading scorer fouled out early in the 2nd half and regardless of the deficit they never showed any fear. They looked well coached and have some ballers.

Last edited:
San Diego State over College of Charleston 63-57.

It would be kinda funny if UNC-Asheville upsets UCLA later on today.

Furman looked like a darn good bball team from what I saw. Think their leading scorer fouled out early in the 2nd half and regardless of the deficit they never showed any fear. They looked well coached and have some ballers.
They won the regular season and conference tournament this year, and lost by 1 point last year in the conference tourney to Chattanooga -- whose Tourney performance led Coach Paris to South Carolina this year. Bob Richey has done a really good job the past 6 years at Furman, 138-53. Last year, I was hoping that Tanner would give Richey some consideration. I would be surprised if he is still there next year.

Furman had what you need for the tournament. Upper classmen that all came back because they felt they had unfinished business to take care of. C of C while very talented were all very young and will learn from this and be very dangerous next year.

They won the regular season and conference tournament this year, and lost by 1 point last year in the conference tourney to Chattanooga -- whose Tourney performance led Coach Paris to South Carolina this year. Bob Richey has done a really good job the past 6 years at Furman, 138-53. Last year, I was hoping that Tanner would give Richey some consideration. I would be surprised if he is still there next year.
agreed! A clemson friend of mine texted me and said that after this win, he thinks that Clemson may pursue him with so many local ties! I would hate to lose him but he has proven to be a good coach and as you know the SoCon is a tough midmajor one bid league