Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stallings pledges to Carolina

Stewie

GCF Top Poster
Fanatics Cash
Three-star defensive end Cecil Stallings (Atlanta, Ga./Tucker) recently narrowed his choices down to two schools. On Friday, he decided on one.

“He asked me if I wanted to commit and I told him, ‘Yeah,’” Stallings said. “It’s a great program with my major. I just feel like I will fit in their system. I can squeeze or I can pass rush.”

Stallings committed to South Carolina and co-defensive coordinator Lorenzo Ward over Tennessee. He had offers from Mississippi State, Penn State, Miami and several others but decided to join the Gamecocks.

"The whole process was exciting for me," Stallings said. "I’m happy to have a school that wants me. I have a bunch of offers but I’m happy with my choice."

Stallings is the first defensive lineman to commit to the Gamecocks and is the seventh player to jump on board in the 2016 recruiting class. Stallings could play either defensive end or defensive tackle for South Carolina.

Good pick up by the Gamecocks..........