Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The good, the bad the ugly vs South Carolina blowout win over SC State

Overall I thought we played well on both sides of the ball. The blocking by the receivers and tight ends was much improved. Next week will show if the team has really taken the next step or was just matched against a very overmatched team, though I felt SC State played a solid game.

The only thing that is worrisome has been for years even with Ole ball coach the QB that can run. Seems it always gives the Gamecocks trouble and Kentucky has a good one and now two talented backs.

The only thing that is worrisome has been for years even with Ole ball coach the QB that can run. Seems it always gives the Gamecocks trouble and Kentucky has a good one and now two talented backs.
The last two games we dealt with running QBs a whole lot and I think our defense settled in both games and were able to not only confine that QB but also hit him really hard when they tackled them.

Put up 50, won easily and got plenty of teachable film and depth players got valuable in game experience to go with some extra rest, days to prepare... WIN, WIN SC State is a great warm up for Kentucky imo, win that game and there is new hope for the season and this team.

We won. Looked good most of the time and rarely ever punted. Gave up a couple drives and DBs totally lost in space some. Level of competition improves big time. We should be as healthy as we’ve been all season by next weekend. Everyone needs to step up.