Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What TV Shows Are You Watching?

GregoryHouse

Administrator
Fanatics Cash
What current shows are you watching?
What coming tv shows are you going to watch?

Me?
-Obi-Wan Kenobi

-The Boys (new season starts June 3rd)

-Better Call Saul

Just finished the most recent episode of Better Call Saul. Good show.

About to start the new season of Stranger Things.

Odd for people my age but I don't watch TV. Marie watches Turkish language dramas that may run into hundreds of episodes. I'll stick with news, sports, and some food network stuff. However I saw some of this during my last hospital stay. Fascinating how some of our restaurants began,

I am 58 and I don't really watch TV anymore, either.

I was binge-watching episodes of Suits a while back on Peacock on my Roku. I never subscribed to HBO or Cinemax when I had cable TV, so I had never watched the show before then. It's pretty good. I don't know why Meghan Markle would ever give that up for the Royal Family nonsense, but oh well.

In recent years I have bought TV series DVD box sets on the cheap from second-hand stores.

So here's what I have:

The Pacific box set
Miami Vice (all seasons)
The original Hawaii 5-0 (about half of the seasons)
Taxi (the early seasons)
Adam-12 (the first season)

What I would like to get:

Emergency!
Hill Street Blues
NCIS/CSI

It took me a while to figure out how to get the resolution right between my basic LG Blu-ray/DVD player and my 39" LED TV so that the picture wasn't washed-out. Basically it's 480p and 16:9 original on the aspect ratio on the player, then choose Widescreen aspect on the TV.

Sometimes you have go to a Letterbox 4:3 ratio for some of them, but that's about it. I have a 32" in the den and the 39" in the living room. The longer viewing distance in the living room is better for the old stuff, otherwise I think a 32" screen works best for the older shows and movies if you have a normal viewing distance.

I have the 32" sound going through a fairly new Panasonic receiver to a pair of full-length 80W speakers that I have had since college.

The 39" sound is going through an older JVC receiver that came from my late mom's house. Somebody also convinced her to buy a subwoofer and two bookshelf speakers. She didn't like the subwoofer and was using it as an inkjet printer stand in her later years. LOL

She was hard of hearing in her final years and I don't think she and my sister ever had it wired up right, but I brought the stuff down to my house and it sounds great. The speakers are next to the TV and receiver. I have a good friend who went full-tilt with a surround system at his house. It sounds great but I think my setup is pretty good, too.

Odd for people my age but I don't watch TV. Marie watches Turkish language dramas that may run into hundreds of episodes. I'll stick with news, sports, and some food network stuff. However I saw some of this during my last hospital stay. Fascinating how some of our restaurants began,

Yeah I've watched several of those, they're pretty good.

Just finished the first season of Bosch: Legacy, and finally got around to watching season two of Jack Ryan.