Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024-25 MBB SEC Schedule Released

kingofnerf

GCF Super Moderator
Fanatics Cash

Of the team’s nine home games, the Gamecocks will welcome in six squads that made the 2024 NCAA Tournament to Colonial Life Arena in Alabama (Jan. 7/8), Auburn (Jan. 11), Florida (Jan. 21/22), Mississippi State (Jan. 25), Texas A&M (Feb. 1) and Texas (Feb. 22). South Carolina has faced Texas just twice in its history with a home and home against the Longhorns in Bill Foster’s first two seasons as head coach. The Gamecocks beat Texas 74-70 on Dec. 23, 1980 at Carolina Coliseum and the Longhorns won the grudge match, 88-71, in Austin on Jan. 23, 1982.

Seems like a legit schedule to me, non-conference games against Indiana, Xavier, Michigan/Va Tech, Boston College and Clemson. There might be some losses there pre-conference. It should definitely have them prepared for the conference games. I'm looking forward to see what Coach Paris can do with a new group of players at key spots. Go Cocks.

Seems like a legit schedule to me, non-conference games against Indiana, Xavier, Michigan/Va Tech, Boston College and Clemson. There might be some losses there pre-conference. It should definitely have them prepared for the conference games. I'm looking forward to see what Coach Paris can do with a new group of players at key spots. Go Cocks.

I expect our defense to be solid out of the box again this year. Hopefully we are playing faster and executing better on offense than we did the back half of last season.

We may not lose a non-conference game if our offense is there. Wouldn't that be a trip-and-a-half?

I look at the new players Paris has brought in, and I feel Paris is going to have a better team this year than last.
Like kingofnerf, I think this team could be undefeated when they start conference play. Sadly, most SEC teams have gotten better too. It is going to be another really tough season.
I am just glad we have a really good coach. Several people thought it was a bad hire but turns out he was a great hire. I do not think going to the NCAA was a onetime thing. I think Paris plans on getting to the show every year and from his asst. coaching history, he knows how to get it done. I really think they can make it 27-4 in the regular season.

I am just glad we have a really good coach. Several people thought it was a bad hire but turns out he was a great hire. I do not think going to the NCAA was a onetime thing. I think Paris plans on getting to the show every year and from his asst. coaching history, he knows how to get it done. I really think they can make it 27-4 in the regular season.
Man, I hope you're right. That would be an incredible season. I would really, really like to get out of the first round of the turney.

Xavier started out pretty good last year under alum Sean Miller, but seemed to peter out even though they did reach the Sweet 16 last year.

Miller has more of his own recruits this year. Will that be good or bad for the Musketeers? I don't know, but possibly a win for us if we pick up where we left off last year.

The Hoosiers were 19-14 last year and didn't make the NCAAT.

Indiana basketball still resonates with older fans and Indiana is beatable. Don't think for a minute that Lamont doesn't want a win against Indiana, either. The team should be gelled up pretty good by the time we play Indiana, too.

Lamont will be hongry for that win if he's sure he has a good team under him. Football plays Mizzou at home that day, too. Be nice to get a Saturday two-fer.

I have to agree our teams defense will be elite this year with Butler and Pringle roaming the lane to go with Davis, Stute, Wright, CMB, Scott, Thomas... this length and athleticism to go with Coach Paris scheme is going to be fun to watch!
I think CMB will lead on the offensive end and have a Carmelo Anthony type year, leading us to the tourney while making him a lottery pick!

I am looking forward to discussing our seeding in the NCAAT at some point in the regular season this time around, which is so much better than talking about the usual SEC teams we have struggled with in recent years.

The teams we might face in the NCAAT are always going to be different than the usual SEC ones so the discussion will be different and new.