Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 guard KJ Greene shares his latest on Gamecocks

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash

2024 guard KJ Greene shares his latest on Gamecocks​

By SPORTSTALK / October 21

Columbia native 6-4 KJ Greene, who attends school in Atlanta, said he might be back in Columbia Saturday night for the Texas A&M football game. That would give Lamont Paris two of his top 2024 targets on campus at the same time as 6-4 Cam Scott of Lexington is set to make his official visit with the Gamecocks this weekend.

Greene has taken a few other unofficial visits to USC, the most recent one coming in mid-September for the Georgia game, and he said Paris and the staff are doing a good job of keeping him in the loop.

“They have been keeping up and seeing how I’m doing,” Greene said. “They send me clips from practices showing me how they play, how they use their guards. Seeing them play in practice and seeing Meechie (Johnson) do a lot of the stuff they want him to do, that’s basically what I’ve been talking to them about.”

Greene made an official visit to Georgetown last weekend. Greene is working toward a decision next spring. Greene also has offers from Mississippi State, Harvard, College of Charleston, Missouri, Massachusetts, Tennessee, Georgia Pitt Clemson, and Cincinnati. He has not scheduled any more official visits at this point.

“They have been keeping up and seeing how I’m doing,” Greene said. “They send me clips from practices showing me how they play, how they use their guards. Seeing them play in practice and seeing Meechie (Johnson) do a lot of the stuff they want him to do, that’s basically what I’ve been talking to them about.”
This is pretty good strategy from Lamont.