Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-star SAF David Bucey commits to Gamecocks

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash

3-star SAF David Bucey commits to Gamecocks​

June 26, 2023
The first of the commitments to come from South Carolina weekend of official visits is from SAF David Bucey (6-2 200) of Savannah. Bucey announced his commitment Monday night after wrapping up what turned out to be a four day stay in Columbia. He arrived Thursday for a camp session and stayed over for the official visit.

“It’s an awesome place, the campus is beautiful, and the facilities are great,” Bucey said. “The best part about it is the coaches. They are doing a great job with who they higher. Everybody is very personable and great to talk to. They do the right things.”

That Bucey committed to the Gamecocks is no surprise. He made it clear after he was offered earlier this month his plan was to join forces with Shane Beamer and company. And what he saw on his visit further convinced him that South Carolina had what he was looking for.

“There was a lot about the academics and learned a lot about NIL,” Bucey said. “The one thing that I was impressed about was the strength program with Coach (Luke) Day. What he’s doing there is really nice. They are putting some muscle on some people, that’s for sure. Some mental muscle you could say.”

Gamecock assistant Jody Wright handled the bulk of the recruiting of Bucey for the Gamecocks. He got him into camp earlier this month so that Beamer and the defensive staff could see him for themselves.

“As a game standpoint, I’ve got good instincts and my feel speaks for itself,” Bucey said. “They love the way I play. When I went to that camp, Coach Gray was coaching me and said I moved very well. He was impressed by the way I move.” Last season Bucey had 100 total tackles with five sacks and four interceptions, three he returned for touchdowns. He also plays receiver and led his region in receiving last season.

Bucey also had offers from West Virginia, Iowa State, Washington State, Appalachian State, Troy, Georgia Southern, FAU, Middle Tennessee State, Buffalo and others. South Carolina was his only official visit.