Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3 thoughts on the Sammy Watkins situation

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
1. I hope he really learns from this experience and makes a positive change in his life. He is an outstanding football player that is 2 years away from becoming a millionaire in the NFL Draft and escaping the poverty/crime infested area/situation he grew up in. Using drugs is foolish and will only put that dream in jeopardy.

He really does seem like a good kid, and has a lot of kids and other high school players looking up to him. I hope he takes that role seriously like Marcus does.

2. I really like the tweets coming from our players, specifically Lattimore and Jerideau. Wish some of the adults would act with more class. I do not like clemson or the tactics used by dabo swinney, but that doesn't mean it is ok to pile it on.

3. I hope other athletes and high school kids realize how quickly the Sammy Watkins arrest blew up. It was on the front page of just about every major, national sports website. Watkins arrest trended on Twitter, made the newspapers and local TV/radio. His heisman campaign will be effected by this as well as potentially missing an important game.

I hope kids will think about the end result, and choose to do the right thing even though it is easy to do wrong.