Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4 star RB ZaQuandre White (6-2 205) of Iowa Western JC commits to Carolina

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
4 star RB ZaQuandre White (6-2 205) of Iowa Western JC commits to Carolina

Dec. 13, 2019

Rivals bio
247sports bio

Rivals star ranking View attachment 1591View attachment 1591View attachment 1591View attachment 1591
247sports star ranking View attachment 1591View attachment 1591View attachment 1591View attachment 1591

4 star RB ZaQuandre White 6'2" 205lbs of Iowa Western JC in Council Bluffs announced on his Instagram page Thursday night that he is committed to USC. However, there’s been no corresponding “SpursUp” from Will Muschamp to make the commitment official. White said Thursday night he sees no issue with that. He did not talk with Muschamp immediately after making his pledge public, but from his past conversations with him and running backs coach Thomas Brown, he feels good about the commitment.

“I talked to him (Muschamp) a week ago about it, and when I did it today, I told coach Brown and he informed coach Muschamp.  He (Brown) said he was excited for me to get there.”

White was scheduled to visit Tennessee this weekend but he’s canceled that visit. He said his decision to go with the Gamecocks boiled down to two factors.

“One, the academics,” White said. “I talked to one of the players and he told me about the academic staff and how they help you with school and stuff. Two, talking with coach Muschamp and coach Brown, they were very personable and it felt like home.”

White said he plans to sign next week though he wasn’t sure what day, and he’s planning to enroll early. He said his academic standing should not be an issue.

“I’m fine, everything’s good,” he said.

White, who is from Ft. Myers, FL, began his college career as a linebacker at Florida State in 2017. He redshirted his freshman season and played in 10 games in 2018. A desire to play running back, and lagging grades, led him to transfer to Iowa Western where this season he led the team in rushing with 876 yards and 10 touchdowns.

White will have two years to play two with the Gamecocks. Once Muschamp makes the commitment official, the Gamecocks will have 20 in their 2020 class and room, at this time, for two more commitments.

The 6-foot, 210 pounder is the No. 6 running back in the JUCO ranks per the 247 Sports composite rankings. He’s the top-rated running back. He carried offers from Tennessee and Arkansas.

He, Amos and Lloyd would help the team address an exodus of backfield talent this season. Carolina is losing its top three runners in Rico Dowdle, Mon Denson and Tavien Feaster, plus A.J. Turner, who had 1,322 rushing yards from 2016-18 before playing corner and being used sparingly in the backfield in 2019.

​

Last edited by a moderator:
Under the circumstances of missing out on other top RB targets we had on the list, this is as good of an alternative option we could hope for. White is a big strong back that should help us with short-yardage gains for 1st downs, although we've said that before with other RBs. But we'll see: I don't believe Coach Muschamp has yet made his #SpursUp! tweet yet to make it official - apparently he and Coach T-Rob are on the road visiting commitments to the class. So we'll have to wait just a bit to determine if it's truly an official commitment....

Very interesting on RB Henry Parrish 

Might be why they’re really pumping the brakes on the Juco. On White, he’s finished with Northern Iowa CC & now just has to complete the 1 online course. We will know something soon here. Maybe the Gamecocks will take 3 running backs 

9568907.png