Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

7-1 center Reeves won’t sign early

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
7-1 center Reeves won’t sign early

By SPORTSTALK / November 11, 2021

christian-reeves5.jpg
7-1 Christian Reeves
of Oak Hill Academy, VA has been a USC target going on four years. The Gamecocks are going to have to wait a little long to see if he becomes one of them. Reeves said Wednesday night he has decided not to sign during this early period and will wait until April. USC and Minnesota have been his top two schools, but he’s keeping the door open for any newcomers.

“It’s really still open right now to be honest.  I’ll probably end up waiting it out a little bit longer,” Reeves said.  “I just talked to my parents and coach, and that’s what I think the best decision is for me at this time.  Other schools are allowed to enter.  Everything is still open for me.”  

Reeves took an official visit to USC in June and one to Minnesota in September. He said Georgia recently made contact with him, and other schools have been in touch with his coach about him.

Reeves also has been in touch with Gamecock head coach Frank Martin, and both he and his parents talked last week with recruiter Chuck Martin.

“I’ve been open with them about this whole process,” Reeves said.  “That’s one think coach (Frank) Martin wanted me to do.  So, they said they’ll probably offer another big, and he might commit, but they are still going to keep recruiting me.”

Reeves has not planned any other official visits, and at this point he’s not planning another trip to see the Gamecocks.

“I’ve already been there,” Reeves said.  “I think students being on campus would obviously be a little bit different, but I’ve already been to basketball games and football games, so I feel like I have a good understanding.”  

Reeves said his basketball schedule at Oak Hill will prevent him from making many visits, though he might be able to schedule some for his Thanksgiving and Christmas breaks. At one point, Reeves talked about announcing a commitment on his birthday, December 14th, but that seems unlikely now.

Reeves has Tweeted that he will have an annoucement Tuesday, 12/14 at 8 pm.  I don't know what it is about.  Could   be a commitment for him.