Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A few game thoughts...

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
I have now had time to watch the replay and saw a few things I did not see the first time. First off, I saw someone say yesterday on the board that the angles sports south uses for the game are better, and I have to agree. I was able to see much more of the field.

Obviously Dylan was the offensive player of the game and Clowney was the defensive player of the game but there were a few things I saw upon second look worth mentioning. The first was I saw Bowens tracking down a few players from behind and he looks NFL fast to me. There was one play in particular where he ran down the opponent and got there with authority. I was thoroughly impressed by his play. Shaq looks like his old self and that bodes very well for the rest of the year. Apparently he is a different player when 100%. He and Bowens will be integral when we get to SEC play.

On Ace's TD pass, did anyone else notice that Buster Anderson had set up camp in the end zone long before DL Moore got there? I thought it was hilarious that there were only two players in the end zone, and both were gamecock receivers.

DL Moore haters need to eat some crow. Yes it was ECU and their secondary is awful at best, but he did have a great catch and run. Though you have to give major props to Cunningham for the block that sealed the edge. I hope many of you see how down field blocking can open up big plays. I think DL can have a impact this year in many ways besides just making plays with the ball in his hands.

Jimmy Legree was playing the wrong position last year. He looks like another in THE long line of USC DBs who have NFL talent. I know it's early but remember he is an upperclassman and was behind a lot of talent the last two years. He needed a chance to play and now that he is playing at the right spot, he appears to be another reason we are THE DBU. But I have to ask, what was Victor Hampton's problem Saturday? He almost looked a tad disinterested to me. Effort was low on some plays. I hope it was just the playing a "scrub" mentality, though that crap needs to stop. I hope he gets it together before Mizzou gets to town. We will need both CBs to play well to contain that offense. Swag is swag. Kid might be making himself into a early rounder. And that's saying something since not many safeties get drafted high.

QB controversy? Not in the typical sense of the word. But beware Gamecock fans, the leash around Shaw's neck, when he does return, just got a LOT shorter. Sorry folks, but I look for SOS to test Shaw early and often in the passing game if he plays Saturday, and if he does not respond and Dylan comes in and lights it up, then we WILL have a legitimate QB controversy. The good news is that we appear to have two guys capable of running this offense and they are different types of players. It could be a huge positive as it appears we can have almost two totally different offensive styles depending on who is in the game. This will make it very tough on defenses all year to prepare for both approaches.

I expect a thumping of UAB this weekend though I have a hard time saying we can cover 33 points. I just don't know enough about the opponent. I see us winning easy whether Conner or Dylan starts.