Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air Fryers

TheKOB

GCF Top Poster
Fanatics Cash
We recently got an air fryer (or actually a toaster oven/air fryer/7 or 8 other functions) and was wondering if anyone could point me to some good recipes.  We tried making toast in it and it seemed to just dry it out and not actually brown it.  Not sure if the heat was set too low or what.  We've learned we have to be careful air frying things in there that we'd usually heat up in the oven since it works a lot quicker.  I've heard wings are good with them but we haven't gotten around to it yet, although it won't be too long before we try, given that it's football season.

Also, recent delightful discovery is that it's absolutely great for reheating pizza left overs....it gives the bottom a delightful crunch but doesn't dry it out.  For pizza week nights we might just buy little caesers $5 cheese and add an additional layer of toppings on top.  We had some leftover rib meat and made a good slice with bbq sauce, rib meat, and some shallots. 

You can thank me later:

images

Love mine!  I have a Phillips basket style AF and an Emeril 360 AF oven.  Bothe have their uses.

I got the Gourmia from Costco. Does good wings and also potatoes. Haven't really tried much else.

Saw recently that Frigidaire has a range unit with an air fryer function. That's intriguing.