Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An update on RB Daniel Hill

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash

An update on RB Daniel Hill​

SPORTSTALK / August 14, 2023
1692096568879.pngThe next of the major targets for USC to come off the board will be RB Daniel Hill of Meridian, MS. He is scheduled to announce his commitment August 23rd, though he indicated Monday night that date is not set in stone. The grind toward a decision, however, continues for Hill who still has USC, Alabama and Tennessee as his finalists.

Hill said he’s hearing from all three programs, and over the weekend he was in touch with the Gamecock staff

“We had a group Facetime two days ago,” Hill said. “We were really just talking, the regular conversation about how I was doing. They were just checking in on me. The whole coaching staff was on it, the offensive staff and a few of the defensive coaches came in and spoke.”

USC head coach Shane Beamer, of course, was the leader of the pack in making another pitch to Hill.

“How much they really want me,” Hill said of the message from Beamer. “How much they want me to become a Gamecock, that I’m the missing piece to the class that already has committed.”

If he sticks with the August 23rd date, Hill now will have just over a week to make his call between the Gamecocks, Crimson Tide and Vols.

“Really just talk to my family about everything and see how things line up,” Hill said. “I’d say South Carolina would be the favorite right now.”