Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Baseball Recruiting Den

AikenGameFan

GCF VIP Member
Fanatics Cash
I know we don't have a Baseball recruiting den, so maybe we can discuss it here.
I see where in his first day, Mainieri and staff picked up a player from the Portal, Cayden Gaskin from Jr. College.
After a promising freshman year, Gaskin was outstanding in his second year at Northwest Florida State. He posted an absurd slash line of .403/.510/.638/1.148 while stealing 41 bases, swatting 7 home runs, and logging 21 doubles. He also scored 73 runs and drove in 59 RBI in his 55 games.
I know this was just Jr. College, but baseball is baseball, and those are killer stats. He is not a slugger but apparently, he gets plenty of base hits. He just knows how to place it out there and he runs fast enough to get on base. 41 stolen bases is first class. I think this guy will be a big plus for our team.