Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brendan Langley: UGA back in race for one of state’s top DB (thread)

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
A new recruiting sales pitch by UGA has gotten the Bulldogs back into the running for one of the state’s top defensive backs.

UGA has told Brendan Langley, a 4-star defensive back from Kell High School, that he can play both football and basketball in college.

Langley committed to South Carolina over UGA, among other schools, last month.

“Yes, the basketball opportunity really helps out Georgia — that’s the only reason they’re back in it at all,” Langley told the AJC. “If it weren’t for the basketball, I don’t think I’d be looking at them like this. I mean, I’m committed to South Carolina. But Georgia has something just as good to offer. I definitely want to look into it.”

This past weekend, Langley made an unofficial visit to UGA for the Vanderbilt game. Before the football game, Langley said he met with UGA basketball coach Mark Fox for about 10 minutes to discuss the possibility of him joining the team as a point guard.

“I think Georgia is very sincere about it,” Langley said. “Coach Fox said that he would love to have me. I thought it was all pretty cool.”

At 6-foot-1 and 190 pounds, Langley has the size and athleticism that UGA defensive coordinator Todd Grantham covets at cornerback. UGA has 28 commitments for 2013, including three projected to play at cornerback. The position is a priority with the team’s lack of depth after this season.

Despite Langley’s commitment to South Carolina, Grantham hasn’t given up on recruiting him. The two-sport idea gave UGA an opening.

“I told Coach Grantham about basketball, and the next day Coach Fox called me,” Langley said. “I also expressed it to South Carolina the same way I did to Georgia. But South Carolina still hasn’t gotten back to me about it.”

How good is Langley in basketball? He played on the Kell varsity for five games last year at power forward before leaving the team with an ankle injury in December and not returning, according to his coach.

Langley told the AJC that he remains 100-percent committed to South Carolina, but likes UGA enough that he “will definitely” take an official visit with the Bulldogs. He may also take recruiting trips to Florida, Tennessee and UCLA.

Langley considered returning to UGA this weekend for the Tennessee game but will attend Kell’s homecoming festivities instead. He plans to take an official visit to South Carolina the following week when the Gamecocks play host to UGA.

Link: http://bleacherrepor...aign=recruiting

Last edited by a moderator:
default_biggrin.png

Langley coming in for USC game

USC commitment DB Brendan Langley 6'1" 190lbs of Marietta, GA plans to take an unofficial visit to USC Saturday. Langley was at Georgia last weekend and the Bulldogs are making a push telling him he also can play basketball there. Langley plans to visit with USC basketball coach Frank Martin about the same thing. Langley will take an official visit to USC at a later date and said he’s not sure yet about any other officials. And asked today about his commitment level to USC, Langley said, “Confident.” link: http://www.goupstate...9811/-1/PSPORTS

Last edited by a moderator: