Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Claude reviews official visit with Gamecocks

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
h2
{margin-top:12.0pt;
margin-right:0in;
margin-bottom:3.0pt;
margin-left:0in;
page-break-after:avoid;
font-size:14.0pt;
font-family:Arial;
font-weight:bold;
font-style:italic;
}
a:link
{color:blue;
text-decoration:underline;
text-underline:single;}
h3
{margin-right:0in;
margin-left:0in;
font-size:13.5pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman";
font-weight:bold;
}

Claude reviews official visit with Gamecocks

SPORTSTALK October 20, 202
desmond-claude.jpg
Last weekend USC had on campus for an official visit 6-5 PG Desmond Claude who attends Putnam Science Academy in Connecticut. Prior to seeing the Gamecocks, Claude made official visits stops to Xavier and Rutgers. Wednesday, Claude shared some thoughts on his visit to USC and his experience with Frank Martin and the Gamecocks.

“The visit was nice. The campus was beautiful, the people there were cool, and I enjoyed the food and football game,” Claude said. “I was most impressed with how they answered questions, and it made me clear on the opportunity there. Me and my parents will go over the notes to see where they stand.”

Claude also got the chance to watch Martin coach his team in practice. That gave him some idea as to what life on the court with the Gamecocks would be like.

“The coach holds them accountable and makes sure they do the things to get better,” Claude said. “They’re scheme is good with all types of screens and major factors to help get people open. And he takes high pride in defense.”

As for the relationship he’s building with Martin and the coaching staff, Claude said, “Still developing, but we’re getting close.”

Claude has family living in Augusta, so that’s another appealing point for USC in this recruiting battle.

Claude also has taken visits to Boston College and Boston University, and both have offered, He also has offers from Wake Forest, Maryland, Notre Dame, Minnesota, Butler, Cal, Kansas State, Marquette, Creighton, Providence and Seton Hall.