Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clowney expected to play Saturday

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
The eighth-ranked University of South Carolina football team (2-0, 1-0 SEC) practiced on Thursday afternoon in preparation for Saturday's non-conference match with the UAB Blazers (0-1) out of Conference USA.

Following the workout, defensive coordinator Lorenzo Ward said that he expects defensive end Jadeveon Clowney (rib contusion) to play on Saturday.

"He said he was feeling better today than he did yesterday," Ward said. "He practiced today with no problems, so I guess he will be 100 percent."

Several UAB coaches have connections to Bobby Petrino and Arkansas,

"They will do certain things out of certain sets," Ward said. "It's similar with Arkansas. We didn't do a very good job in the past with Arkansas of recognizing that, so hopefully we'll do a better job this ballgame against UAB."

Coach Ward anticipates that the defense will get a lift next week with the return of defensive lineman J.T. Surratt and spur Sharrod Golightly, who have been held out for the first three games.

"I can see J.T. coming in and playing a lot for us," Ward said. "He's had good practices and we've repped him on everything we've done except when we go to scout team. We expect him to be ready to play. Sharrod will hopefully continue to push Jordan (Diggs) and DeVonte (Holloman) and help us at Spur."

Ward also expects senior cornerback Akeem Auguste back in the fold before too much longer.

"I expect Akeem to be back really soon. You could see him as early as next week. He's out running and feels good, so we expect to have him back real soon. (Athletics trainer) Clint (Haggard) has done a good job with him. We'll see if he's ready to play a little bit next week. Jimmy (Legree) is the starting cornerback now. Akeem knows that he'll have to earn the position when he comes back."

Approximately 2,500 tickets priced at $35 each remain for the 7 p.m. contest.

link: http://bleacherreport.com/tb/d8sHH?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=south-carolina-football