Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coach in dark over Upshaw plans

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
Now that Frank Martin is the new basketball coach at USC, his top recruit for the 2012 Kansas State class, 7-0 center Robert Upshaw of Fresno, CA, is rethinking his plans. Upshaw did not sign a letter of intent so he is not bound to the Wildcats. He committed last November 14th over offers from Louisville, Georgetown and Fresno State. USC has at least two scholarships to give this spring, three if Bruce Ellington stays on a football scholarship. Martin no doubt would love to have Upshaw come east with him. In an e-mail this afternoon, Upshaw's coach said he does not know right now what he plans to do. "He and his family are just starting to absorb the news, and they won't be making a decision on what Rob is going to do for a couple days," coach Paul Geil said. "Out of respect for Rob and his mom, I really can't speculate where he may or may not go, and frankly, your guess is as good as mine at this point. I'm guessing Rob has talked to Coach Martin, because they have a good relationship, and Coach Martin seems like a stand up guy. I really don't know if he's considering S.C. Rob really had his heart set on Kansas State, but obviously Coach Martin had a lot to do with that." Martin said Tuesday he has already started his recruiting efforts for his new program without specifying who he is going after.

link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/20120327/PSPORTS02/120329682/-1/psports

Last edited by a moderator:
Upshaw Won't Follow Martin to USC.

For those who were hoping, wondering, or dreaming about Robert Upshaw,.... this states what you probably didn't want to hear:

"But he said Tuesday he didn't consider exercising that option until now -- not that he knows what he's going to do.""He doesn't, other than he said he won't follow Martin to South Carolina."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMOH7jYwCtg

Last edited by a moderator: