Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

College Football Next Gen )scary(

USCGMCK

Fanatics Cash
I saw this yesterday and was.........well watch it. I have listen to all the talk about changes coming but this is wild. Maybe I am behind on my info but again the is the first time hearing this kind of planning and speculation. From on3 Cole Cublic and Andy Staples

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6BzrdY6kswI?si=FuqKANwe2l3bRSGG" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen>

Link doesn't work. Try this.
View: https://www.youtube.com/embed/6BzrdY6kswI?si=FuqKANwe2l3bRSGG%22

This is this is just a big money grab. Who knows how it will all play out. But I think we are headed in that general direction. Can't say that I really care for it. I'll continue to watch the Gamecocks, but the rest of the games in the super league??? the system as a whole is broken, and this will not help, IMO.

When will people wake up and realize all this is not College Football anymore, but a semi-pro feeder league to the NFL.

Last edited:
SA...I agree...it has been a long time coming though and when the NCAA allowed itself to be manipulated to the point it gave the appearance of playing favorites, it was only a matter of time...I think we could see a seismic change in which the remaining FBS programs are relegated to almost FCS status

It seems so secretive where from and how much money is being paid into the NIL. I really think the cost of my season tickets is going to be going up because the only way a university can lure in, and keep around, better 4- and 5-star athletes is to make sure they are making better money here than elsewhere. When your local businesses don't give enough, I feel the university will start chipping in to make sure they have enough. Where does the university get that money from? Ticket sells.
Just doing a search online I found this... South Carolina generated $9.9 million in revenue from admission sales to athletic events during 2021.
Then I saw this...Clemson reported a program-record $24.9 million in ticket revenue for the 2017 season. Clemson generated at least $20.9 million in ticket revenue in five of six seasons from 2012 to 2017.
As soon as the NCAA fully quits investigating, guess who is all of the sudden going to get more 5-star players? I mean I have felt for years that they buy their players. I wonder where heir NIL money is coming from?

Stepping back a bit, and looking at the big picture:

NCAAF - the only sports league in the world where teams beg fans to 'donate' to the program, either directly through scholarship funds, or indirectly through NIL, the players can't get paid because they are "amateurs' , and the schools, coaches and conferences make bank.