Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DE Devante Covington makes eight for the Gamecocks

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
DE Devante Covington (6-3 220) of Rockingham, NC became USC's 8th commitment for the 2013 class Monday night when he made his pledge to recruiter Shawn Elliott. Elliott visited with Covington last week. Covington also visited USC earlier in the spring. He also had offers from Clemson, Tennessee, East Carolina, NC State and Wake Forest. "South Carolina seems on the rise in the SEC and I want to be a part of it," Covington said. "I want to be a pass rusher and I give a lot of effort just like they do. Everybody on the team has a great attitude. It's a great place to be around the players. And the facilities are really good." Last season Covington had 34 tackles and 8 sacks. The Gamecocks are also recruiting his teammate OL Tyrone Crowder and the two have talked about going to the same school. "We are close, and we both want to be close to home, but I don't know what he wants to do," Covington said.Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/20120430/PSPORTS02/120439947/-1/PSPORTS

Scouts bio

Rivals bio