Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Freddie Kitchens added

Longhaul

GCF Top Poster
Fanatics Cash
Curious as to what everyone thinks about this addition. I honestly do not know much about him, but will do some reading.

I don't know much about the guy, other than the little bio summary I read yesterday -- but in general, I think having someone who has coached in the NFL for 16 years, including as a head coach, has got to be a good thing. Hopefully that NFL insight will be a useful recruiting advantage. And he is someone known by CSB for a long time -- if CSB feels like this is a help to improving the team, I'm good with it.

For whatever the reason, Satt only got a 2-year deal while the other coaches on Shane's new staff got 3-year contracts.

Regardless of how the season goes, Satt may be going anyway after this coming season.

Kitchens' experience being an NFL OC is a plus and I think Shane is stacking the deck in case Satt leaves for one reason or the other.

It would be pretty easy to slide Kitchens into the OC spot if, for whatever the reason, Satt leaves the team after this coming season.

We seem to be a little top-heavy from a coaching staff standpoint, but I think Shane is stacking the deck to a certain extent.

I expect us to do a lot better this season and staff always can use that as a lever for a better job.

Whatever it takes to win.

Reaction GIF