Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gamecocks basketball hosting 2024 guards KJ Greene & Elijah Crawford Saturday

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash

Gamecocks basketball hosting 2024 guards KJ Greene & Elijah Crawford Saturday

Sept. 13, 2022

basketball coach Lamont Paris will take advantage of the big football game Saturday in Columbia between the Gamecocks and Georgia to bring in two of his 2024 targets for unofficial visits. 6-2 Elijah Crawford, a native of Augusta who attends Legacy Early College in Greenville, and 6-4 KJ Greene, a native of Blythewood who attends Pace Academy in Atlanta, will be among the recruits on hand for the game.

Crawford also has offers from Georgia, LSU, Ole Miss, Wichita State, SMU, Xavier, Boston College, New Mexico State, and Georgia State. He visited Georgia State last weekend and visited Georgia in June.

Greene has been a frequent visitor to South Carolina and has become one of the top targets in the class for Paris and his staff.

“I talk to them almost every other day,” Greene said. “They talk about me staying home and how they are building something special down in Columbia. It’s a new wave and they want me to be a part of it.”

And the day might come next summer when Greene, indeed, becomes part of the Gamecock program.

“I mean, I like them,” Greene said. “They are definitely up there at the top of my favorite schools right now recruiting me. The hometown school always has that pool. They just got GG Jackson. And on the football side, they got Spencer Rattler, so they are bringing in high-level recruits. They are raising the bar for their program, and I’d like to see how they perform this weekend.”

Greene has other visits planned. He is going to Ole Miss next weekend, Clemson on October 1st, Georgetown for an official visit on October 13th, and to Mississippi State unofficially on November 5th