Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gamecocks can claim a favorites spot with newly offered offensive tackle

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash

Gamecocks can claim a favorites spot with newly offered offensive tackle​

SPORTSTALK / May 3, 2022

1651614259919.pngUSC offensive line coach Greg Adkins identified a new prospect for his position a few weeks ago, and Monday made him an offer. The prospect is OT Jatavius Shivers (6-7 285) of Villa Rica, GA. With the offer, the Gamecocks immediately moved into a position of prominence in his recruiting that will carry through his football season.

“They are up there, definitely,” Shivers said. “They are definitely top five. They are definitely a school I’m considering. I went to one of their spring practices and really liked it. I’ve been talking to them for a few weeks. Coach Adkins called me, and I called him back today, and he offered me and asked when I would be back down there. I told him I really appreciated it.”

Shivers got the chance to visit with Adkins while in to watch that spring practice. He also kept his eyes on him during the practice to get an idea of the kind of coach he is.

“He’s a very good coach,” Shivers said. “He takes his time with every single lineman. He takes the time to teach them and isn’t always just yelling. He’s a very intense coach but he takes his time and teaches the players.”

Shivers said Adkins has not yet shared with him specifically what he likes most about his skills, but other coaches have given him a breakdown.

“They say that I’m athletic and for my size I can move really well,” Shivers said. “Wingspan of 81 (inches).”

Along with the Gamecocks in his top five, Shivers also likes Georgia Tech, Florida State, Vanderbilt and Ole Miss. He has already committed to taking official visits to Florida State, Vanderbilt and Georgia Tech. He also expects to take one to USC. No dates have been set.

Shivers said he expects to add about 15 more pounds once he gets to college and to play at around 300 pounds.