Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gamecocks Go Overseas With A Pair Of Offers

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash

Gamecocks Go Overseas With A Pair Of Offers

SPORTSTALK / January 27, 2023

1674829633103.pngUSC basketball coach Lamont Paris is starting to look overseas for talent. Last weekend Paris offered a pair of prospects who play for the Omnia Basketball Academy in Finland, 6-3 Morris Ugusuk and 6-0 Okku Federiko. According to Ugusuk, Paris became familiar with him and his teammate when Federiko’s brother, who is now at Pitt, made a visit to USC.

“One of my teammates was on a visit there and my coach has been talking to them about me and Okku for a long time now,” Ugusuk said. “We’ve been talking to the head coach. I will need to meet the coach and see how the staff is. My coach has already said they are good coaches that are willing to develop players, and that already says a lot. We are trying to come there as soon as possible.”

Ugusuk is also drawing interest from Oklahoma State, Duquesne, Pitt and Dayton.

“I’m looking for a team that’s going to help me as a player and as a person,” Ugusuk said. “Also, a staff that i can talk about everything, not just basketball.”

This season Ugusuk is averaging 11 points, 4 rebounds and 5 assists per game. Last summer, playing for the Finland U18 National Team and the Nordic Championship, he was their leading scorer at 15. 4 points per game and also led the team in assists averaging nearly four per game.

This season Federiko is averaging over 19 points and 11 rebounds per game. USC is his first D1 offer.