Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gamecocks Grind Out Upset at No. 4 Maryland

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
Gamecocks Grind Out Upset at No. 4 Maryland

Nov. 10, 2019

COLLEGE PARK, Md. – No. 8/10 South Carolina women's basketball got a boost from a freshman early and a veteran late to post a 63-54 win at No. 4/5 Maryland Sunday afternoon at XFINITY Center. The Gamecocks (2-0) never trailed in the game, but held off a strong Terrapin (1-1) second half to deliver the top-five victory. (VIEW ARTICLE)

I only watched the second half.  We missed a lot of lay-ups in the second half because the Terps D was pretty tough.

Despite that, our ball movement was phenomenal.  Razor sharp.

This is hands down the best team out of the box that Dawn has fielded since she's been here.  In that respect, we're just as good as UConn's most recent teams.

A'ja was the GOAT, but everyone on the court is very good this year.

Today's game had the intensity and quality of a Final Four game.  We're gonna absolutely dominate lesser teams this year.

Considering this early in the season, these freshmen showed me they are coming to ball with the best of them.  They way I see it, the 3 starters can immediately get better fast before we take on Baylor. That game will be just as tough, but if our defense is even better than we saw today coupled with Ty, Kiki, LeLe, Destiny, &!the rest of the cast support, we might have a chance of another upset.  Also, if Amihere gets more time on court, I say watch out!

Last edited by a moderator: