Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gamecocks make a move early on 4-star Georgia athlete

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash

Gamecocks make a move early on 4-star Georgia athlete

SPORTSTALK / September 8, 2022

1662619160194.pngUSC recently offered a top 2024 4-star athlete from Statesboro, GA in Kamron Mikell (6-2 215). The Gamecocks are one of the first of the major programs to go in on Mikell who plays quarterback for his team but who could also play on the defensive side. He’s also one of the top sprinters in Georgia and a standout on his basketball team.

Mikell was in Columbia last Saturday night for the Georgia State game, the first big step in his recruitment by the Gamecocks that’s just getting started.

“I’m very grateful to have an offer from South Carolina,” Mikell said. “Seems like a great place to be. I like how they have true a freshman DB who played quarterback like me in Highschool. I think the relationship that is happening is going to be something very good in the future. They want me to play defense and coach Torrian Gray was saying he couldn’t teach the speed I have and that he could make me a first-rounder.”

Mikell said the visit last weekend was his first close-up look at the program, and it was an eye-opening experience for him. .

“I love the stadium and the fan love,” he said. “They were so welcoming. They were talking to me, but It was game day, so they had to focus on their players. I talked to Coach (Shane) Beamer, and he was just letting me know he would love for me to play for him. It’s all still new. I just met them a week or two ago, so everything is still new.”

Mikell is headed to Florida this weekend for the Kentucky game. The Wildcats also have offered along with Coastal Carolina, Boston College, Michigan State, Louisville, Georgia and East Carolina.

Last season Mikell rushed for 1000 yards and 5 touchdowns. And last spring he finished third in the 100 and 200 meters at the GHSA 6A track championships.