Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gamecocks offer Florida DE, keeping in contact with another in Georgia

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash

Gamecocks offer Florida DE, keeping in contact with another in Georgia​

SPORTSTALK / August 31, 2023
1693482237721.pngRebuilding the defensive end positions through high school recruiting is a goal of USC coach Shane Beamer with the 2024 class. He has one committed in Dylan Stewart, and he’s thought of as one of the best in the country. Wednesday night Beamer and defensive ends coach Sterling Lucas offered Elias Williams (6-4 240) of Hudson, FL.

However, Williams has set this Friday for his commitment announcement with UCF, Indiana, Florida State and Missouri as his four finalists. He’s also picked up recent offers from Alabama and Kansas State.

Lucas is also keeping the Gamecocks in the game with Kameryn Fountain (6-6 237) of Atlanta. He’s been committed to Southern Cal since an official visit there in early June, but is still talking to others like USC, Auburn and Florida State. Lucas has been his contact with the Gamecocks.

“They’ve been texting, talking, Facetime and all that type of stuff,” Fountain said. “We’ve been talking about what I can improve on in my game and stuff like that. I’m feeling pretty good (about Gamecocks) . I feel good about them.”

Fountain said he and Lucas have developed a good relationship. Lucas was in to see check on him at school last spring, and Fountain visited USC for a spring practice in April.

“He’s a cool, good guy,” Fountain said. “We talk about stuff outside of football. That’s good to me. He checks up on me with school and stuff like that.”

But the elephant in the room is Southern Cal. Fountain said he has no qualms about traveling across the country for college, and his commitment to the Trojans remains in place at this time.

“I feel good about it. I love it,” Fountain said. “Most definitely (feel strong about it).”

Fountain said he will visit USC for a game this fall but does not have a date for that visit or any others.

Last week Fountain said he had five tackles and three sacks. Last season he was in on 56 tackles with 12 tackles for loss and seven sacks.