Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gamecocks part of the battle for PG Kyle Greene

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash

Gamecocks part of the battle for PG Kyle Greene

SPORTSTALK / August 2, 2022

1659480213693.pngBlythewood native PG Kyle (KJ) Greene, now in Atlanta at Pace Academy, had a strong summer playing in front of USC coach Lamont Paris, Clemson coach Brad Brownell and other coaches from across the country. Greene’s recruiting profile is on the rise, and it figures to be a heated contest for his talents over the next 12 months with the Gamecocks and Tigers figuring prominently in his plans.

“The Gamecocks, as always, stay home,” Greene said. “You can do everything in-house. You don’t have to go out of state. With the GG (Jackson) commitment, that’s really big for the school to show that they can keep high-level prospects in town. It will be interesting to see what they do with GG, and see if the stay-home model actually works. GG has the potential to take them to the top of the SEC, so that will be interesting to see. That will be a big factor in determining where I eventually end up going to school.”

Greene added that he and first-year USC head coach Lamont Paris have already developed a good relationship in their shot time knowing one another.

“I really like Coach Paris,” Greene said. “He’s a really laid-back guy, really straight to the point and all about his business. With him and his former point guard Malachi (Smith), you can see how he uses his guards in a game and how his guards are successful. I’ve had some good talks with Coach Paris and some of his assistants.”

Greene said he’s not taken any school visits this year but last year he saw USC, Tennessee, and Georgia Tech. Coming up this year he plans to get back to USC as well as visit Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Georgetown, and Clemson.

“Clemson was at most all of my games this summer,” Greene said. “I’ve been hearing nothing but good things from them. They’ve got one of the people I grew up with, Josh Beadle. I and Josh have a really good relationship from going to camps together as kids and playing against each other in high school for one year. I’ve heard nothing but good things. They’ve been pretty heavy on recruiting me and making me a priority.”

Greene does not have a favorites list yet, but he said USC, Clemson, Ole Miss, and Georgetown have been showing the most interest to date. He plans to make a decision next summer after his AAU season.

Last season for Pace Academy Greene averaged 8 points and 6 assists per game.