Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gamecocks target RB Daniel Hill addresses last week’s decision to delay commitment announcement

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash

Gamecocks target RB Daniel Hill addresses last week’s decision to delay commitment announcement​

SPORTSTALK / August 28, 2023
1693221220895.pngRB Daniel Hill of Meridian, MS had three fan bases locked down as the days counted down to his scheduled August 23rd commitment announcement. USC, Alabama and Tennessee are his top three schools, and one was hoping to hear their name called last Wednesday. But Tuesday Hill announced he wouldn’t announce on the 23rd.

“Really just everybody wasn’t on the same page. That’s pretty much it,” Hill told SportsTalkSC Sunday night. “Really nothing more to it. It was just that everybody wasn’t on the same page, and we decided to move it back. You got to get everybody on the same. That’s pretty much all I can say.”

“I really made up my mind I’d say probably two days before that,” Hill said. “I wasn’t set, but I had a school in mind, somewhat.”

Now, it’s back to the decision drawing board for Hill and his family, and there’s no new commitment date in site at this time. Many family meetings are ahead.

“That’s the plan for us to sit down a few more times and talk about it honestly,” Hill said. “We’ll just talk as a family and try to get everything on the same page and go from there.”

In the meantime, the recruiting of Hill by the Gamecocks, Crimson Tide and Vols continues. USC coaches remain in regular contact.

“We’ve been talking recently,” Hill said. “They asked me why I pushed it back, and I told them. Other than that, we’ve just been talking. I’ll most definitely be coming up there for a game, I just don’t know which game yet. I haven’t decided on the games I want to go to yet.

Hill opened his season Thursday night with his Meridian High team losing to Quitman 7-6. He scored his team’s touchdown on a pass reception after lining up as a wide out.