Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gamecocks watching 2025 DE CJ May

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash

Gamecocks watching 2025 DE CJ May

August 30, 2023

2025 DE CJ May (6-4 225) of Highland Home, AL is one of the top targets for the Gamecocks in the 2025 recruiting class. Both are on board with him with an offer. Both had him on campus earlier this year, and both will have him back on campus for a game this season.

May visited the Gamecocks unofficially on March 31st, May got a call from defensive ends coach Sterling Lucas. Those two hit it off immediately.

“I love Coach Lucas to death,” May said. “He’s a down-to-earth guy. We built a relationship off of our first interaction. I was in school one day and the coach called me to the field house, and I got on the phone with Coach Lucas, and he let me know he wanted to offer me. That stood out to me and made me want to go visit campus. Where they are at, it’s very pretty. It’s a very pretty campus and very pretty all around. I just love the staff they have. Coach Beamer is also a great guy. I just love that staff in general.”

May added that Lucas sees the same talent and potential in him as his counterpart at Clemson.

“He just sees how explosive I am off the edge,” May said. “He also thinks my skillset that Coach Ski thinks about me stands out most to him. Younger coaches relate better with younger guys I guess you could say, and me and Coach Lucas always just had a stronger bond.”

May plans to take several game visits this season. He was at Vanderbilt last weekend. He will go to Ohio State at Notre Dame on September 23rd, South Carolina at Tennessee on September 30th, Notre Dame at Louisville on October 7th, Florida at South Carolina on October 14th, Notre Dame at Clemson on November 4th, Ole Miss at Georgia on November 11th and Alabama at Auburn November 25th.