Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jamille Reynolds narrows his choices to us and Temple

Name is actually Jamille Reynolds. He's listed at 6'10" and 285 lbs. Transferring from UCF.

He would be a big body, but his stats at UCF leave a bit to be desired. In 2 years, he averaged 4.1 ppg and 2.4 rpg in right at 11 minutes per game. That doesn't exactly scream SEC PF/C to me.

We might be at the point of taking anybody to complete the roster though.

Name is actually Jamille Reynolds. He's listed at 6'10" and 285 lbs. Transferring from UCF.

He would be a big body, but his stats at UCF leave a bit to be desired. In 2 years, he averaged 4.1 ppg and 2.4 rpg in right at 11 minutes per game. That doesn't exactly scream SEC PF/C to me.

We might be at the point of taking anybody to complete the roster though.
Thanks for the clarification about his name. I changed the thread title.

Yeah, I think we could use one or two more bigs regardless at this point.

Thanks for the clarification about his name. I changed the thread title.

Yeah, I think we could use one or two more bigs regardless at this point.
@markymark550 and @kingofnerf, Jamille was also playing behind two other upperclassmen (one of whom, Cheikh Doing, is a pretty solid player). He'd need some "sculpting" to get him into SEC shape, but he's what I would consider a serviceable big and a needed asset at this point.

I am so used to our recruits not performing anywhere near expectations and hype once they get here.

The consistent inconsistency from Frank's teams was just such a big buzz kill with the fan base.

If Lamont can break that trend as a head coach, I think consistent 18-20-win seasons plus some good wins against ranked teams is possible.

@markymark550 and @kingofnerf, Jamille was also playing behind two other upperclassmen (one of whom, Cheikh Doing, is a pretty solid player). He'd need some "sculpting" to get him into SEC shape, but he's what I would consider a serviceable big and a needed asset at this point.
That assessment makes me less optimistic of him being a contributor here. Don't get me wrong, if he chooses to come to USC, I hope he does well and makes me eat crow. I agree that we need another post player and it's probably worth it to take a flyer on him.

That assessment makes me less optimistic of him being a contributor here. Don't get me wrong, if he chooses to come to USC, I hope he does well and makes me eat crow. I agree that we need another post player and it's probably worth it to take a flyer on him.
@markymark550, I feel about the same, truthfully. It’s bodies that are needed at this point. If Coach Paris can pull a rabbit out of a hat and find a 14+ppg big in the portal who wants to play for him, then good on him. But IDK if that’s gonna happen right now.

I am so used to our recruits not performing anywhere near expectations and hype once they get here.

The consistent inconsistency from Frank's teams was just such a big buzz kill with the fan base.

If Lamont can break that trend as a head coach, I think consistent 18-20-win seasons plus some good wins against ranked teams is possible.
One of the most consistent coaches the program has ever had... I hope Coach Paris is judged differently and wins even more consistently!